Tuesday, January 29, 2008

RAGNAR to hunt

At this point I am pretty psyched about RAGNAR. 5 months away, but a killer way to prepare for the hunt. Will help pass the time. 12 of us are going to run from Logan to Park City in a relay fashion. Last year was one of the most amazing experiences ever. I really didn't know what to expect going in, but now that I know what it's all about I have Christmas time anticipation going on.
Our team will be known as Hot Property! Our name comes from a stand up skit done by the very funny Norm MacDonald. He talks about how every band to ever compete on "Star Search" was named Hot Property! I actually found this clip of a band named Hot Property! This is exactly how a band with that name should look and perform, and these are the exact songs they should sing. It would be nice to think that the Ragnar team "Hot Property" is the running world's equivalent of America's favorite corporate band. Would it really be out of line to claim that? I think I will put their set list on my ipod to listen to while I run. Enjoy this clip, and please watch all of it.


Our team is the ultimate line up of some of my favorite people.

Van 1: Cathy, Rob, Mark, Sarah, me, and the beautiful Brittny. She is a babe and I look forward to having her experience this with me.

Van 2: Greg, Susan, Michael, Justin, Garrett, and possibly Gary depending on his knees.

I will keep updates of my training and team news. For now, take a look at my legs!
My first leg is classified as "very hard" and described as "knee jarring" Take a look at that descent. I'll let gravity do most of the work.
Now I got to pick up some elevation. One of my favorite things to do, whether hunting or running.A nice little 5K to end it all. I should be plenty tired by now and if it is like last year I will run this one early in the morn'. No running in the dark for me. Maybe.



2 comments:

Mark Robbins said...

Sarah: Mark how was your training confrence?

Mark: It was great. We are launching a new product in March that will revolutionize our industry. Then they had a cover band come in and perform hits from the 70's, 80's, 90's and todays top 40. I was just gonna bail and go to the Shoney's to dream build but then this fat white chick started singing Shakira...I danced all night long.

Suzy said...

Bri: I am so glad that you posted that because I've been looking for a band to perform at our next ward function. I think "Hot Property" it totally it!!