Thursday, May 1, 2008

What? There was an April this year?

For whatever reason, April was not a very motivating month, as far as the blog goes. Well, here is a half assed effort to catch you all (3 people who might care) up on what happened in April...

April gives us a tormenting sneak peak of fun spring time/summer time activities. Weather wasn't too allowing but I felt it necessary to do what I do when mother nature would give us a window of warmth:

i.e. barbecue (in the snow)



With Britt



not bad.......



A culinary wonder....



I love me the charcoal bbq. Will have to grillify me plenty a meat and veggies this year.

Had to do a little bit of work last month. Nothing new, other than several weekend trips down to Huntington, Utah to do some masonry work at a power plant. This proved to be an interesting endeavor for at least seventeen reasons. One being that we are a tile company and in no way a group of masons. But we told them we were, and I think we pulled it off. Does this look right?



Here is another funny thing, I was told to not take pictures while on the premises of the power plant. Some kind of "guvment" security measure. Specifically, I was told to not post these pictures that I was not to take on a blog, as it would almost assuredly draw attention from the feds. We'll see.

While in Huntington, I discovered a part of the planet that is pretty incredible. We vowed to return to some of these places when the snow is gone. Had to have a little taste to hold me over until then. Picked up the worst fishing pole ever at K-mart and tried a few casts......to no avail. We'll get it later.



Picturesque



A lot of elks. I wonder where these Betties migrate to?



It wasn't all work. Did some shed hunting and hiking. Didn't find any sheds, but I saw many much deer like creatures.





Later, I took Brittny to a nice little sitting spot I found. You just head west of the winter kill fawn to get there.



A little overcast, but still a nice view.



Nuge even tagged along for a run up to Bell Canyon Res. As he was sucking air on the way up, I told him what Greg always told me on long hikes. Free training! Looking good Jazz honk! On a side note, everyone knows that Bell Canyon is a watershed. Well, some clown came up the trail with his way too attractive girlfriend and his young black lab. Personally, I think the watershed no dog rule is ridiculous, but not this time. It is important to note how arrogant this kid was, in his polo shirt (with a freaking collar!) and cargo shorts. With only a bottle of Gatorade that was already almost gone, this kid starts going on to some other hikers about how he's going to get to the top and swim in the upper lake. Should work out nice for his dog, ask Greg. From that declaration he starts JOGGING! up the trail with his dog in tow. Normally I wouldn't care, but on this particular day, I was a hateful enough of a person to perform my civic duties and report this criminal activity to the authorities. I look forward to the horrible karma that awaits me.



This month was way too fast paced. The one fishing trip I got in, was an hour and a half affair up to Tibble Fork with Mark and Dad. Boys, we need to set aside some more time at a later date and get it done right. By the way guys, how many fish did you catch?



The old man, getting his "bait" ready.



Well, if you have made it this far you are probably regretting a couple of things right now. I however am excited to have my conscious clear. Sleep will come easier to me tonight knowing that I have properly updated Suzy and Cathy on the major issues that occur in my life. I can see them now, "Wow, Brian went hiking". I am such a lame. Good news is that I already have the next three posts lined up, and it is safe to say they will be quality... Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow Brian - you went hiking! That's awesome. I want me one of those steaks!!

Mark Robbins said...

My fishing nets were full of love.

Anonymous said...

Brian, Am I one of the 3 people that care (about your blog) ?
I do enjoy reading all the things you write about.
Love Ya, Mom